Everyone wants to look and feel their best, in today’s culture and one way to accomplish this goal of appearing younger is by having a facial rejuvenation treatment with a lift without surgery. Platelet rich plasma (PRP) is fast becoming one of the most useful natural treatments for rejuvenation throughout the body. While there are several great filler products on the market, PRP offers a truly organic alternative with faster results. Since the patient’s own blood is used to rejuvenate their appearance, using PRP also alleviates the risk of allergic reaction or skin sensitivity.
PRP (Platelet Rich Plasma) The procedure is called PRP Therapy. Platelet Rich Plasma is produced from an individual’s own blood. After a blood sample is obtained from a patient, the blood is processed to separate PRP from the blood.
PRP contains highly concentrated amounts of natural growth factors and other cytokines that promote the regeneration process of soft tissues. The PRP is applied directly to the channels that are created from the micro-needling to further stimulate the natural healing process and creation of collagen.
The procedure helps restore and enhance areas which require volume. PRP can be used for the following:
- Diminishing the glabellar lines, also known as the number 11 sign between the brow
- Improving the appearance of periorbital lines, also known as crow’s feet
- Diminishing nasolabial folds
- Reducing smile lines
- Treating acne scars
- Improving the vertical lip lines, also known as lipstick lines
- Improving the marionette lines (the ones from the corners of the mouth to the chin)